Healthy Finger Foods for Babies and Toddlers
Keep these easy foods on hand for quick snacking.
- Baby carrots
- Low-sugar graham crackers (without hydrogenated fat)
- Low-sodium crackers (without hydrogenated fat)
- A healthy cereal for snacking (Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Cheerios, Puffins, Weetabix, etc.)
- Sunflower seeds (for older toddlers)
- Baked peas or mild Japanese-style roasted peas (for older toddlers)
- Dried fruit-raisins, apricots, apples, apricots
- Banana chips (for older toddlers)
- Fig bars (without hydrogenated fat)
- Low-sodium pretzels (for older toddlers)
- Popcorn (for older toddlers)
More on: Feeding and Nutrition
Reprinted from The Baby Bistro Cookbook: Healthy, Delicious Cuisine for Babies, Toddlers, and You by Joohee Muromcew. Copyright © 2003 by Joohee Muromcew. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098. Available wherever books are sold or directly from the publisher by calling (800) 848-4735 or visit their website at www.rodalestore.com.