100 Questions to Ask Your Kids
In This Article:
51. Name two things we should do as a family on the weekend.
52. How do you think kids are affected by divorce?
53. Do I ever not notice that you are sad? What signs should I look for?
54. What sport (that you haven't tried) do you think you would be good at? Why?
55. Who is the meanest kid you know? Why?
56. Do you believe in heaven? If not, why? If so, what do you think it's like?
57. If you were going to have a weird, unusual pet, what would it be? Why would you want that pet?
58. If you could look like anyone, who would it be? Why?
59. Do you think "honesty is always the best policy"? Why or why not?
60. What have you done, in school or sports or anywhere, that you are especially proud of?
61. Do you think girls look better with or without makeup? Why?
62. Do you think it's bad, okay, or good for guys to cry at movies? Why?
63. Which of your friends are you proudest of? Why?
64. Have you ever had a dream that really scared you? What was it about?
65. Can you describe the most beautiful place you have ever visited?
66. What kinds of things on TV and in movies make you laugh?
67. Tell me about your two favorite movies of all time and why you like them so much.
68. How do you describe me to your friends?
69. Do you feel you are as intelligent as most of your friends? Why or why not?
70. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Why?
71. Have you ever gotten really lost? If so, tell me about it. How did you feel?
72. How much TV a day do you think a kid should watch?
73. At what age, if any, do you think a kid should be able to watch any program no matter what is in it?
74. Do you think you live in a dangerous neighborhood? Why or why not?
75. Not counting our religion, which religions do you find interesting? Why?
From the book 201 Questions to Ask Your Kids by Pepper Schwartz, published by HarperResource, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Pepper Schwartz, Ph.D. All rights reserved.
Buy the book at www.harpercollins.com.