Read about recent developments in civil rights cases, milestones in affirmative action, what it means to be transgender, population and marriage statistics, policies on same-sex marriage, America's most gay-friendly cities, and more.
Cultural & Social Issues
- What is a Civil Union
- Gay Athletes: Coming Out While Still in the Game
- Russia's Anti-Gay Bill Ignites International Protests
- Being Trangender Today
- These Kids Are All Right, Too
- The Trials of Bradley Manning
- America's Most Gay-Friendly Cities
- Same-Sex Partner Households by U.S. State
- Same-Sex Partner Households in U.S. Cities
- Same-Sex Households with Children in the United States
- Characteristics of Opposite-sex and Same-sex Couple Households
- Gender of Sexual Partners in the United States
- Gender Issues Websites
- U.S. Policies on Same-Sex Marriage
- International Policies on Same-Sex Marriage
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Did you know?
- Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth.