Tips on How to Be a Great Grandma
Don't be a play-it-again mom. It's your daughter's turn. Besides, grandparenting is delicious! Like the 50 million other grandparents in the United States, you will want to spend time and money on these love bundles. And, like many grandparents, you won't live in the same city as your daughter. When you visit, heed these suggestions:
- Try not to stay more than a few days.
- Do not interrupt the household routine.
- Do not take command of the house or the children.
- Make yourself helpful.
- Don't expect to be waited on.
- Baby-sit and give your daughter an afternoon or evening out.
- Always clear dates in advance of your visit.
This list should get you started. It does, however, take time to fit into this new mode. Let it evolve slowly.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Mothers and Daughters © 2001 by Rosanne Rosen. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's web site or call 1-800-253-6476.