Check out how "connected" you feel. You may be more alone or isolated than you realize. Give yourself one point for each "yes" answer.
- Do you lack a sense of self-worth?
- Do you lack enthusiasm?
- Are you bored?
- Do you feel lonely much of the time or find it difficult to be alone?
- Do you feel disconnected from your local community or your workplace?
- Do you lack good friends you can really talk to?
- Do you feel different, like the "odd one out"?
- Do you lack a sense of purpose or meaning in your life?
- Are you unclear about your spiritual values?
- Do you find it difficult to receive love from others?
- Do you lack a sense of peace and contentment?
- Do you seldom have experiences of great joy or love?
- Do you seldom feel a connection with nature?
- Do you abuse your body with bad diet, drugs, overwork, or lack of rest?
1-5: You have some degree of disconnection.
6-10: Your level of disconnection is a cause for concern, and you may have a tendency toward depression.
11-14: You are experiencing a high degree of disconnection and should reevaluate your life regarding what is important to you. Besides following the advice above, consider seeing a counselor or psychotherapist, or attending a personal development course.
Learn about Natural Ways to Connect
More on: Alternative Health Care
From NATURAL HIGHS: Supplements, Nutrition, and Mind/Body Techniques to Help You Feel Good by Hyla Cass and Patrick Holford. Copyright © Hyla Cass, M.D., and Patrick Holford. Used by arrangement with Avery, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.