10 Things That Make Everyone Happy
- Wake refreshed -- Ironically, to be happy when you're awake, you need to make sure you spend enough time in bed. Make sure you get enough sleep.
- Find love -- Few people would enjoy years alone on a desert island; in fact, most would keep themselves busy by trying to escape. Having someone who loves you can boost your happiness.
- Keep fit -- The human body, especially the brain, functions best when you are physically fit. You don't need to join a gym though, just stay active and exercise in whatever way appeals to you most.
- Have goals -- Setting even the most basic targets will enable you to focus on achieving them. Have lots of small goals and celebrate reaching each one.
- Build a nest -- Have you seen how pets build a nest? It's where they can feel safe, warm, and protected. Your retreat may be your house, your bedroom, or even the bathroom. Have somewhere you can unwind.
- Pace yourself -- Sometimes it's all too easy to take on too much, and soon you find yourself spinning too many plates. I'm not advocating laziness, but you do need to avoid becoming overloaded.
- Plan treats -- If no one treats you, you should learn to treat yourself. Make each treat a reward for some particular achievement. Big and small treats are equally important, so start today!
- Give presents -- Making others happy is one of the best ways to be happy yourself. Be a generous friend, and life will repay you with interest.
- Be tolerant -- Others will always try to pass their anxieties on to you. Unless you love them dearly, simply offer sympathy but try hard not to become infected with their sadness.
- Play -- We forget to play when we stop being children. Play, especially with your life partner, lets you forget any troubles and laugh.
More on: Making Time for Mom
From The Life Guide Copyright © 2008, FT Press. Used by permission of FT Press, and Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
To order this book go to Amazon.