Top Tips for a Natural Mind Enhancement
If your razor-sharp intellect is blunted and your memory is failing you, here's what to do for that extra mental edge:
- Take a B-complex supplement that provides 50 mg each of vitamins B3, B5, B6, and B12, and 400 mcg of folic acid (in addition to what's in your multivitamin); also take 1,000 mg of EPA/DHA, or eat fish three times a week.
Your mind-boosting formula can contain any or all of the following. Experiment with the individual products to get your own special mix. Start with 60 mg of ginkgo. Then add in 200 mg of phosphatidyl choline, 200 mg of DMAE, 10 mg of vinpocetine, and 50 mg of phosphatidylserine. These doses are acceptable in a combined formula, but, again, use your own response as the measure.
- Do some aerobic exercise to oxygenate your brain, raise endorphins, and, as an added bonus, burn some fat.
- Take a bath with essential oils of lemon, eucalyptus, cinnamon, or peppermint dispersed in the water, or scent your room with them.
- Listen to stimulating music.
- Maximize the light in your room with natural daylight or full-spectrum lighting.
From NATURAL HIGHS: Supplements, Nutrition, and Mind/Body Techniques to Help You Feel Good by Hyla Cass and Patrick Holford. Copyright © Hyla Cass, M.D., and Patrick Holford. Used by arrangement with Avery, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.