Top Tips for Getting Connected Naturally
If you're feeling disconnected and you've lost your sparkle, here's how to get reconnected and back in the flow:
- Take the following "connectors." Start with kava, the heart and social opener, at a dose of 60-75 mg of kavalactones in a standardized extract. Always take a B-complex supplement providing 50 mg of each of the vitamins B3, B5, B6, and B12, and 400 mcg of folic acid (in addition to the amount in your multivitamin). Add 200 mg of SAMe (taken separately), then 50 mg of 5-HTP. Your "connector nutrient" formula can include 50 mg of 5-HTP, 200 mg of SAMe or 600 mg of TMG, 60-75 mg of kava, and 100 mg of sceletium.
- Listen to heart- and soul-inspiring music
- Do a vital energy exercise yoga, t'ai chi, Psychocalisthenics, or any form of movement or dance.
- Meditate or listen to biofeedback tapes.
- Have someone give you a massage, or give yourself one.
- Take a bath with essential oil of lavender dispersed in the water, or scent your room with it.
- Light your room with candles or violet, magenta, or blue light.
From NATURAL HIGHS: Supplements, Nutrition, and Mind/Body Techniques to Help You Feel Good by Hyla Cass and Patrick Holford. Copyright © Hyla Cass, M.D., and Patrick Holford. Used by arrangement with Avery, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.