How Stressed Are You?
This questionnaire will help you recognize some of the signs and see where you fit on the stress continuum. Score one point for each "yes" answer.
- Do you have difficulty relaxing?
- Do you often feel irritable?
- Do you worry about the little events of the day, and find that you are unable to shut off your mind?
- Do you smoke or drink excessively (especially by other people's standards)?
- Are you competitive and aggressive?
- Do you find it hard to relate to people?
- Do you find yourself impatient with others?
- Do you eat quickly?
- Do you take on too much?
- Do you have difficulty delegating?
- Do you have aching limbs, tense muscles, or recurrent headaches?
- Do you have a dry mouth and sweaty palms?
- Do you feel a lack of interest in sex?
- Do you have problems sleeping?
1-5: Like most of us, you could use some practical ideas on how to calm down when challenges arise. Or you may want to reach states of even deeper peace. If so, read on for some inspiring ideas.
6-10: You are quite stressed. Pay attention to these warning signs. This is the only body you have. Treat it well. You'll see how to do this in the following pages.
11-14: You are very stressed. Clean up your act before there are serious consequences.
Learn about Stress Busters: Relaxing Naturally
More on: Alternative Health Care
From NATURAL HIGHS: Supplements, Nutrition, and Mind/Body Techniques to Help You Feel Good by Hyla Cass and Patrick Holford. Copyright © Hyla Cass, M.D., and Patrick Holford. Used by arrangement with Avery, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.