Since the Homework Center can't tell you what to write on, here are some suggestions for coming up with a good topic.
- First, choose a subject that interests you. Let's say you like dogs.
- Then try to narrow the subject down to something you can write about knowledgeably. Let's say you have a beagle and you know a lot about beagles based on your experience of owning one.
- Now come up with a statement about your topic. "Beagles are the best breed of dog." This will be your thesis statement or "hook."
- To write your paper, answer the question "why" at least five times. A beagle is the best because "beagles are smart" or "beagles are neither too small nor too big — they're just right."
- Wrap it up. Write a brief conclusion that summarizes the points you have made. "Clearly, beagles are best because they're smart and they're just the right size."