Disaster Supply Kit
Disaster prevention includes having the supplies on hand to weather a storm or evacuation. Make sure your Disaster Supply Kit includes the following:
- Water - at least 1 gallon daily per person for 3 to 7 days
- Food - at least enough for 3 to 7 days
- Blankets / Pillows, etc.
- Clothing - seasonal / rain gear / sturdy shoes
- First Aid Kit / Medicines / Prescription Drugs
- Special Items - for babies and the elderly
- Toiletries / Hygiene items / Moisture wipes
- Flashlight / Batteries
- Radio - Battery operated and NOAA weather radio
- Cash - Banks and ATMs may not be open or available for extended periods.
- Toys, Books and Games
- Important documents - in a waterproof container
- Tools - keep a set with you during the storm
- Vehicle fuel tanks filled
- Pet care items
non-electric can opener
cooking tools / fuel
paper plates / plastic utensils
ample supply of food and water
a carrier or cage
muzzle and leash
Provided by The National Weather Service. The National Weather Service is a component of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). NOAA is an Operating Unit of the U.S. Department of Commerce.