Making Wise Fast Food Choices
As you know, meals at fast food restaurants are quick, but they're not always nutritious. However, there are ways to make them fit into a healthy lifestyle.
- Order hamburgers with lettuce and tomatoes, or roast beef and turkey sandwiches, instead of double hamburgers with sauce or bacon cheeseburgers.
- Select pizza with vegetable toppings rather than sausage and pepperoni.
- Baked potatoes and cole slaw make better choices than french fries and onion rings.
- Choose milk or juice instead of soft drinks.
- Opt for salad bars when available, even for kids.
- Look for skinless, broiled chicken sandwiches in place of fried nuggets.
More on: Nutritional Resources for Families
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.