Let Someone Pamper You
One indulgence most of us enjoy on vacation is being served. Whether it's the fresh towels each day, a cold drink by the pool, or just having the paper delivered with morning coffee, pampering certainly reverses any feelings of being overburdened. So for a quick-lift when you're not on vacation, consider letting someone pamper you.
- If your budget allows, get a quick chair massage during your lunch hour.
- At day's end, ask your significant other to rub your feet or fix you a cup of tea.
- If a coworker offers to bring you back coffee, gratefully accept.
- Find a one-time "hire" to wash your car or windows.
- When a friend offers to treat you to lunch, receive the gift graciously.
- If your boss says you deserve the afternoon off, take it.
- If a neighbor offers to mow your lawn when he does his own, take him up on it.
More on: Dealing With Stress
A series of "quick-lifts" excerpted from Recharge in Minutes, Â©2003, by Suzanne Zoglio, Ph.D.