Wash Away the Stress
What better way to escape for a quick respite than to find some water? It can be soothing, sensual, quiet, or stimulating. Whether you bathe in it, play in it, listen to it, or drink it, water can be very therapeutic.
- If you are near a gym, search for a massage showerhead or a whirlpool.
- If it's warm outside and happens to be raining, take a walk, lifting your face to the natural shower.
- If you're lucky enough to have a friend who has an outdoor shower or Jacuzzi, schedule a time to use it.
- Sit by an outdoor fountain or bring a small desktop variety to work.
- If you're near the ocean, stop to listen; if not, listen to a tape of the ocean waves.
More on: Dealing With Stress
A series of "quick-lifts" excerpted from Recharge in Minutes, ©2003, by Suzanne Zoglio, Ph.D.