Practice Evening Acknowledgment
There's nothing better to pump up your sense of purpose than to recognize your daily progress. However, if you're like most people, you go to sleep focusing on all the things you didn't get done today and all the mistakes you made. If the last thoughts you have before you drift off to sleep are about "lack" what you didn't accomplish, what you didn't receive, or what went wrong you won't awaken very inspired in the morning. Instead, try to get in the habit of going to sleep with positive thoughts dancing in your head.
- Just before you go to sleep tonight, answer these four questions:
- In what moments today was I the person I aspire to be?
- What did I accomplish that was important to me?
- Where did I make a difference in someone's life?
- What pleasant surprises came my way?
- More on Creating Meaning
More on: Dealing With Stress
A series of "quick-lifts" excerpted from Recharge in Minutes, Â©2003, by Suzanne Zoglio, Ph.D.