Make a Difference in an Instant
When you're wondering if anyone would care if you suddenly disappeared, it's a sure sign that you want to count to be appreciated. Heighten your sense of purpose by making a difference in someone else's life instantly.
- Give time to a child today with a smile, a hug, a story, or a compliment.
- Call an emergency housing shelter, find out what they need, and post it on a bulletin board at work, or email the requests to family and friends.
- Speak up for someone who is not present. Squelch a rumor; suggest that person's strength.
- Dash off a letter to a newspaper editor on behalf of a cause you care about.
- Send someone a thank-you note.
More on: Dealing With Stress
A series of "quick-lifts" excerpted from Recharge in Minutes, ©2003, by Suzanne Zoglio, Ph.D.