How to Get What You Want from the Teacher
In This Article:
Most teachers advise parents to write down the questions they want to ask at the conference. The following list covers most of the basics you will need to know about your child's development.
- Is my child performing at grade level?
- Does she pay attention in class?
- What part of the curriculum does my child like most? Least?
- Does my child participate in class discussions?
- Does she attend to task? ("Attend to task" means to work on class assignments steadily without getting distracted or giving up.)
- Have you noticed any special behavior problems?
- How does my child get along with the other children in class?
- Does my child express herself artistically? Does she enjoy drawing, painting, dance, or music?
- Is there anything I can do to help my child do better?
From Say the Magic Words by Lynette Padwa. Copyright © 2005. Used by arrangement with Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, go to Amazon.