In This Article:
Use these rules of thumb as you set aside time to get organized:
- Allocate much more time than you think you will need.
- Do less than you think you can. Scope it down.
- Start organizing only what you think you can finish in the allotted time.
- Stop before you think you are done. Then, complete all the little details.
- And a little twist on all of the above follow your energy. If you started out clearing out the junk drawer but suddenly have great energy to clear out the basement, go for it. Just reset your intention and keep moving. We disorganized people are sometimes best at doing just what we didn't set out to do. So what. Keep the big picture in mind and keep going.
- Remember that small steps actually taken are much more impactful than big steps not taken!!!
More on: Managing Your Home
From It's Hard to Make a Difference When You Can't Find Your Keys by Marilyn Paul, Ph.D. Copyright ฉ 2003. Used by arrangement with Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.