8 Tips to Minimize Car Use and Save Fuel
8 of 9
Get the Most Out of Your Gas
When you must use your car, follow these guidelines to conserve gas:
- Service your car regularly.
- Keep your tires properly inflated.
- Don't let the car idle for more than 30 seconds.
- Accelerate gradually and stick to the speed limit.
- Use cruise control for highway driving, whenever possible.
- Turn off the air conditioner or dehumidifier when it's no longer needed.
- Reduce your load—empty your trunk of all unnecessary items.
- Remove a roof rack when it's not in use.
- When buying a new car, choose a more efficient model, or consider buying a hybrid car.
- Don't buy fuel with a higher octane than your car's manufacturer recommends—it won't make your car run faster or better; it will just cost you more money!
NexT: More popular galleries