I Did it All By Myself! An Age-by-Age Guide to Teaching Your Child Life Skills
3 of 8
Ages 6-7: Basic Cooking Techniques
Kids at this age can start to help with cooking meals, and can learn to:
- Mix, stir, and cut with a dull knife.
- Make a basic meal, such as a sandwich.
- Help put the groceries away.
- Wash the dishes.
Your child should also learn how to:
- Use basic household cleaners safely.
- Straighten up the bathroom after using it.
- Make his bed without assistance.
- Bathe unsupervised.