I Did it All By Myself! An Age-by-Age Guide to Teaching Your Child Life Skills
6 of 8
Ages 14-18: More Advanced Skills Are Learned
By the age of 14, your child should have a very good mastering of all of the previous skills. On top of that, she should also be able to:
- Perform more sophisticated cleaning and maintenance chores, such as changing the vacuum cleaner bag, cleaning the stove, and unclogging drains.
- Fill a car with gas, add air to and change a tire.
- Read and understand medicine labels and dosages.
- Interview for and get a job.
- Prepare and cook meals if needed. Try these easy and healthy recipes.