How Rude! An Age-by-Age Guide to Teaching Kids Manners
2 of 10
Ages 3-6: Playing Well With Others
Preschool and the early grades will help your child socialize with his teacher and other kids and practice good manners. Toys and games can help him pick up the skills of sharing and taking turns. Work on these manners with your younger child:
- Sharing his toys, taking turns, and playing fair with other children.
- Keeping his hands to himself and never hitting or name-calling.
- Picking up toys, books, and dirty clothes. Use this printable on clean-up time to help him learn.
- Helping set and clear the table (of anything child-friendly) at mealtimes.
- Saying good-bye and thank-you when leaving a friend's house or party.