Stocking Up on Smart Snacks
- Plain popcorn kernels for air poppers
- Fruit and fig bars
- “Lite” or “reduced-fat” microwave popcorn
- Low-fat granola bars and chewy cereal bars (preferably calcium-fortified and with 2+ grams of fiber)
- Oat bran pretzels and baked chips
- Lower-fat whole grain crackers
- Animal crackers, ginger snaps, and graham crackers
- Raisins and other dried fruit
- Frozen fruit pops and sorbet
- Trail mix
- Flavored rice cakes
- Soy crisps
Also, use our Snack Finder to decide on healthy alternatives to fattening favorites.
More on: Children's Nutritional Needs
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Total Nutrition © 2005 by Joy Bauer. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.