Top 10 Sources of Stress for Kids
In addition to minor aggravations like running late or having a bad hair day, kids (like the rest of us) have to cope with major life events. These events don't have to be negative to be stressful. Remember: the key component to stress is change.
Source: Mind/Body Medical Institute
- Parent having problems.
- Fight with a friend or a sibling.
- Taking a test.
- Wondering if someone thinks you're attractive (teens especially).
- Not having enough privacy.
- Birth of a brother or sister.
- Moving to a new school.
- Re/marriage of a parent.
- Not having enough money.
- A teacher who doesn't like you.