The 5 Worst Jobs for Teens
The National Consumers League has pegged these jobs as the most dangerous for kids.
1. Delivery and other driving: including operating or riding on forklifts and other motorized equipment.
2. Working alone in cash-based businesses such as convenience stores, gasoline stations, and fast-food establishments.
3. Traveling youth crews: selling candy, magazine subscriptions, and other consumer goods on street corners, in strange neighborhoods, in distant cities, and across state lines.
4. Cooking exposure to hot oil and grease, hot water and steam, and hot cooking surfaces.
5. Construction including work at heights and contact with electrical power.
What Teachers Think
Should kids be discouraged from working more than 15 hours during the school week?
You may be swayed by what teachers think:
More on: Jobs and Chores