Prom Night Tips for Parents
Prom night can be stressful for parents. These tips will help you ensure a safe, worry-free evening.
- Make sure your child has a plan for the evening and that you know it.
- Work with the school to have food served during the prom.
- Know all of the "hot spot" destinations.
- Take stock of the alcohol in your home.
- Know who is driving — if it's a limo, check their policy on allowing alcohol in the vehicle.
- Discuss the school's prom rules with your child and the consequences of violating them.
- Encourage seatbelt use -- the best accessory!
- Do not rent hotel rooms for prom-goers.
- Communicate with other parents and school officials.
- Stay up until your prom-goer returns home.
Brought to you by The Century Council
More on: Setting Rules for Teens