Time to Ditch the Diapers! 10 Parent-Approved Potty Training Techniques
11 of 12
Let Your Child Decide It's Time
At the end of the day, you can't really train your child if he doesn't want to be. Watch for signs that your child is physically and emotionally ready to be trained before expecting him to use the toilet. Some signs include:
- Has dry periods for at least two hours at a time.
- Can pull his pants up and down himself.
- Dislikes the feeling of a wet or dirty diaper.
- Desires independence and takes pride in accomplishments.
- Shows interest in learning to use the toilet.
Says one mom, "My son 'trained himself' in a few days, but only after we stopped forcing the issue."
Next: More popular galleries