Numerology and Names
- The number eight, like the number four, indicates a hardworking nature as well as a spirit of tenacity.
Eights tend to be the sort of folks to see even the toughest projects through to completion. People with this number are often self-made successes who set their sights on a specific goal early in life and overcome great obstacles to reach it. With their natural tenacity and ambition, they can direct anything and do well owning and operating their own businesses. Negative aspects of the eight personality include a tendency toward materialism and a need for maintaining a high profile.
Popular eight names:
- At the opposite end of the scale from one, nine encompasses the qualities of all the other numbers.
Nines are seen as fearless, natural leaders. Their strong intellects often destine them for greatness as they can accomplish things that others can't. Since their abilities tend to put them above others, they can seem somewhat aloof or self-centered. They can have little tolerance for human foibles and can be quick to judge as well. They make good military leaders and educators, and superlative spiritual leaders and evangelists.
Popular nine names:
Numerologists also attach special importance to three additional numbers, known as master numbers:
- Eleven is the higher form of two and represents the harmony of body and soul. It is the number of revelation, and people who bear names with this number are often highly intuitive, even psychic, with a singular capacity for being able to inspire and uplift others. They have magnetic personalities, and are able to communicate at all levels with the people they draw to them. Names with a vibration of two also relate to 11.
- Twenty-two, as the higher form of four, indicates the master builders of the world. These people also have extremely powerful and magnetic personalities. Noted as extraordinary visionaries, they are often said to be lightyears ahead of others or born ahead of their time. Accomplishments that seem impossible to others are second nature to these individuals. Four names are also considered 22 names.
- Thirty-three is the higher form of six and also combines the spiritual and physical forces of the other master numbers. This is as high as you can go in the world of numerology, and this number represents complete leadership as well as emotional mastery. People with this number have supreme leadership powers and can exert broad influence over others. Six names can also be used for the number 33.
More on: Choosing a Name
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Baby Names © 1999 by Sonia Weiss. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.